Monday

when you have to go shopping in Ljubljana.

Sweet sweet Slovene grapes
its been a little bit mentioned before, shopping areas in LJ are different than i am used to, today I almost went to countryside, at least the nature was bringing me the "nice" countryside farms` smell on the way of shopping "center", although more appropriate word would be Shopping city. Today i chose to go to the second biggest one, instead of my previous experience in BTC... have to admit, that this was also quite big one.
With bike from city center it took me exactly 20 min, 5 more i had to find a safe place to park it. in between changing shops, I have to admit, going by bike was nice choice, because it was very useful while moving in between shops. nevertheless, even if the diversity of the shops was wide, i did no reached my aim, could not buy what i was looking for.
So arrived home only with some tasty local fruits, which i got in street market. The guy selling them even was so kind, that gave me grapes for home as present, as he tough that Latvia is far away and we do not have grapes...what can i say, these grapes looks exactly the ones growing in my summer house...only difference thanks to sun that these ones are way much sweeter.
I still haven`t figured out how to filter the reactions of people finding out about country i come from. mostly i have heard...oh cool...great...wow...and afterwards me asking ""Do you know where is it?"...mmm...well...i think so...yes, its next to Russia... luckily most of people in the end knows, and i am happy about it. 

No comments: