Sunday

just smile and wave.

Before coming here, i was sure, that i wont learn Slovenian language. Why should I need it? But after 4 days being here, I feel the need of basic Slovenian phrases, they could be useful.

First of all...in my current temporary home, where lives very nice old man, very helpful and talkative...if only i had an idea what kind of things he is telling to me. Also neighbors around are very communicative... if only i could answer something more than Sorry. I don`t understand or just stay silent. The best advice I got form my friend...
JUST SMILE A LOT AND WAVE...so yes, the body language is the saver...but still...as I like to meet new people, like to talk...I should learn something.

the silent or I like to call "big eyes" situations had been some more. Like the other day in bus stop, while waiting my bus to come. a woman came and start asking me something...after couple of sentences, i made the "big eyes" and told in english, i really dont understand...and the shops...thanks to them who invented self service shops...otherwise I may be still hungry. I guess, people consider me local from the visual appearance, but well...they find out that im not, as far as they start talking and i stay silent. I hate that.

So from today i will know these phrases:


yes - JA
no - NE
please - PROSIM
thank you - HVALA

hello - ZDRAVO
hi - ZIVJA - this I find it very interesting...in Latvian it almost means a fish.
good-bye - NA SVIDENJE

I don`t understand - NE RAZUMEM.
I understand. - RAZUMEM.

good - DOBRO
bad - SLABO

No comments: