Tuesday

i am back in LJ. trip adventures & foggy day.

after being out of track with my posts, it is indeed really hard to get back on track. i am still trying to figure out where the rest of people gets the motivation. All in all I am back in Ljubljana. Arrived around 24 hours ago. did i said before that it takes 9 hours by train from Belgrade? Well, if you are me and choose the wrong train and time, then it takes you 12 hours, which includes a stop in Zagreb to grab coffee in McDonald`s and waiting for a connecting train to arrive. 
yesterday once more i made sure that not many people knows where is Latvia. this time it happened with Croatian border guard, who needed to put a stamp in my passport. as he also spoke no English, but as far as i understood after him staring couple of minutes on my passport and also asking his colleagues and then me...he was not sure if Latvia was part of EU. Even tried to ask me, and i tried to properly explain, yes, we are since 2004 already. luckily i got a stamp...but that was not it...in like 5 min he was back with a small book, and asked if i could share passport once more...then it took around 2 more min for him to really compare and make sure - YES, Latvia is part of EU.
Besides these couple of adventures, rest of trip was with no big surprises and went quite boring. Although while walking from train station and almost reaching house, a car stopped in middle of road, a guy inside asking me something, but as i was passing did not hear properly his question. As i crossed the street and he was still there and opening the other side window...and as i was guessing he is lost in city...but that was wrong...as he opened window and asked me: "Do you need a ride?". That made the last fun drop of my trip. People do not stop surprising.
31st of October...woke up quite late, but as it is national holiday in Slovenia, then monday - no work day. also no work day for others, meaning also no stores and shops opened. And if you arrive home and find your fridge totally empty, then that may be a problem. So it happened with me. Luckily after around 2 hour walk in city i managed to find one store opened and get some nice food. during the walk LJ amaze me...the autumn with yellow leaves is finally here. With a blue sky and sun shinning it was even more better. Great to be back. Now just have to get back on track.

P.S. there is a saying, things happen when you least expect. today received least expected mail in my inbox...this stupid curiosity keeps on asking to read it. Should I or should I not?

No comments: