Tuesday

out of my comfort zones, welcome portuguese reality.

Sabado a casa de Juventude
It`s been more than a week for me already in Portugal, since the first days i`ve been somehow dropped out of my comfort and comfort zones and even though i am already experienced with life abroad or fresh starts in completely new locations, i have to admit that this time its harder than i was imagining, as the third time in new place abroad should be the easiest, however it turns out that its not at all. 
If previously i was making my decisions, and choosing what and where i want, then this time its different. Yes, i choose myself the country, and yes I was happy to be inbetween Sintra and Lisboa, however as previously never been in Lisboa nor the current place I live in, I did not though on how different of the things i am used it will be...as fun outcome of this last weekend spent with old and new friends in Almada, then came to conclusion that in a way I live in the small Africa actually, although its still Portugal and more over its still Europe, however this particular region on where i am living is something completely other than you imagine when thinking of Portugal, as mostly citizens here are afro-americans and as told then around 15 nationalities gathers here.
Not that i have something against people themselves, its more like I have this strange feeling of not being used to this environment. And even though its safe neighborhood, the difference on what i am used to leaves me out of comfort and i caught myself in thinking and rethinking my status quoes of how i see the life. So i am still looking and trying to find on how to deal with the new circumstances.
Other than that i have to admit that these last few years i have spoiled myself and so gotten used to comfortable things, most importantly my home...and not being able to choose the apartment, nor the interior  of my current "Portuguese casa" and having still my own room in mess, made me frustrated these last days. Well, yes, we are still moving in and other than mess around of plenty of things, the place is great as it has everything we need, plus the great view to Sintra castle mountain with amazing sunsets is here. Will see how this develops and how soon the homey feeling appears.
I think since the second day of being here, i got a cough. Yes, i am out of my comfort climate and it seems that getting used to air conditioners mixing with hot weather will take some time. Cannot wait to see the cough and the soar through will soon be in past...well, if i will remember to take the medicines as i was told, not as i am currently doing. I depend on myself here to get my comforts back.
to conclude todays post...i speak 4 languages till now and plus 3 i gained some basics, nevertheless the newcoming portuguese language seems to be a lot of fun, as they like to use "Š" sound in almost every second word, they like to name monday as the second day of week and friday of course then turns out to be the 6th day of the week. Will see how it continues in tomorrows class...

Ate ja dears, ill try to come back here sooner than till now,
Um bejito,
S.

No comments: