Sunday

oh yeah...Carnivals.

In every new country its just not possible to avoid learning or discovering randomly something new. so this weekend I discovered that quite some southern countries of Europe have carnivals these days. its for sure not even close to be common in Latvia, as its still too cold winter to have people dressed in masks on streets. But well, Slovenia do it...So I got to see some small parts of Carnival too...
some moments from saturday @city center of Ljubljana















And if you wake up early enough on saturday, then you can not only enjoy the perfect weather with blue sky, sunny and around +9C, but also see Ljubljana celebrating Carnival. as i woke up partially early, then cough only the last part of it, however managed to see live my favorite part the "jetties" or the super loud and funny masks. I wish I could try one one day, seems to be a lot of fun.

And this sunday morning i also was supposed to go to visit Ptuj and see the biggest carnival activities in Slovenia. yesterday night I was quite enthusiastic about it, however this morning  waking up at 7am and having 2 hour train trip was impossible for me. /yes, i still cannot understand how only a bit more than 100km takes more than 2 hours by train one way./

some moments from saturday @city center of Ljubljana
So, yes I stayed in today, as outside was nothing that raining all day long. well, at least some work done and time for blogging :)

Good night,
S.

No comments: