Friday

Ljubljana I am back.

good evening Ljubljana. yes, i am escaping Lisbon and the rainy days there and looking for some sunshines i n the center of Europe. It`s been times but now I am again back here for some short time, to enjoy your beauty. Thank you for treating me so well so far, and than you for many sunshine for these last 24 hours of my so far stay here.
Other than that I wanted to share my travel to Ljubljana story as it turned out that direct flights also may bring you many of the adventures.
It all started when i actually booked the tickets, however there i just got more blond than usually, so made an error instead of buying tickets i booked them with post payment within the Portuguese ATMs, however as im not really having the bank card of Portugal, no chance for me to get those tickets...as after calling the TAP company, luckily with help of them i managed to get my payment done and tickets too, otherwise i just should had to wait for one day or so, and who knows how the flights would change then, as it was already short before the travel...so yeah, silly small happening for me.
Other than that booking flight from Lisbon which is before 9am turned out to be a bad idea, as if you live in suburbs and don`t hold a car, then there is only small chance that you will travel on time for your flight to airport if you want to use just a public transports and skip taxi service...so yeah, my flight was before 9am, as i already got it, and as it was the only direct one from Lisbon to Venice that arrives early enough to travel to Ljubljana later, i had no other option really.
So yeah, as with pre-research i managed to find the train to get myself to Lisbon and then take a taxi further on. One of my friends advised me to choose to go to another train stop i was thinking to, as its closer and i can still take a taxi from there...as she is local, i said, cool thanks i will do it...arriving in the train stop...i got to understand that at 6am there are not really any taxis around this station, so with all the rain around i had to walk to grab the taxi somewhere further, where the big street is. So yeah, should not trust the people so easily, better stick on my plan...as Oriente station is the central, so i am very sure having taxi there would avoided me the walk in the rain.
Other than that I manged to get myself perfect timing in the end, as check in was not closed yet, and i could drop my bag...plus luckily i still had enough of time to pass the security in Lisbon airport, as it turns out that TAP uses "the nice" tactics of having many flights in early morning, so many people queue for the security, and its like hamsters factory there...as they have made not many lines for security check, but first of all tons of turns and labyrinths to find the checking point. But well, it all went good and i had a pleasant flight.
From Venice to Ljubljana nowadays the easiest and also the cheapest way to travel, well, asides hitchhiking is to take the shuttle service...this time instead of the two ordinary companies from Slovenia providing me the service I took another friends advice, and tried the new one...as they have started the transfers not so long ago, and mostly i was promoted, them to be an awesome service, plus the cars are great...so yeah, after two of hours around Venice airport waiting, as it was agreed before. During my waiting there, i actually randomly got advertised with the other bigger shuttle company Go Opti...so they told, its really cool to travel with them, plus i got a flyer and slovenian travel info...all in all they did forgot to promote that sometimes they just also take random people, not the ones actually booked for the shuttle,as it happened with Challenge:Future one of the participants, who was left in the airport, and instead completely other guy from totally far other country was brought to us...so yeah, adventures...but back to track, luckily I got picked up by my shuttle service...however the all cool service was not there this time, other than a really nice and caring guy who manages this company and a totally slovene group of others within the Shuttle... nothing really special...so yeah...listening to friends advises not always brings you the joy or completes your expectations. Nevertheless, the trip was super pleasant and fast, with great sleep on the way. Still curious of my way back through, may i see the service i was told before?
Now its time to dive in the nightlife of Ljubljana and to enjoy the friday.
I will keep you posted of other adventures,
S.

No comments: