Monday

sum up of my recent Ljubljana days.

eleven days, great conference, awesome people and superb get back to Ljubljana times have finished, as since couple of days I am all back in Lisbon.
did i had any adventures? oh, yeah, I did. here comes couple of them for you to have the glimpse.
I think that peak of the week asides all awesome activities and super busy schedule of conference was the chance for me to present our group idea in front of almost two hundred youth and business people.Thank you my awesome team for such a great idea that brought us the spot light and thanks for giving me the chance to present. I have done public speaking and presentations, however it was my first time of actually presenting a business idea, moreover knowing that there may be investors listening about it. I enjoyed the show very much, hope the all of you who heard it too.
Other than me speaking, one of the first days of conference we got to meet the Possible future President of Slovenia, ex prime minister. Sorry, but my bad memory of names, have just slipped his name out of my mind. But well, as the elections are coming, then asides the usual campaigns, he have came up with brilliant initiative and other way of promotion, as he offers himself as a volunteer for one day. As I heard then several companies, projects already had the great chance to see him asides talking in real actions as volunteer. So this last week we did with our project. And coolest of everything, was that his name or who he is was revealed at very end of the day, therefore many of us, as being from other countries and far from politics did not know who he is till his name was presented. As I already told, a super great initiative of his team, however they should be more sure to prove his true interest in project itself, less than just making nice group photos and telling that he was there and did great job. Here it did not happen. Many of us turned to be very disappointed.  Yes, hard past days of work, but its both, for him and for us, so there is no excuse. Party last night? So did we, but did we sleep during the sessions? nope, not at all, as we were interested in all the activities...Yeah, as you may all guess, then I was very much lacking from his side to show respect for us, as his behavior was just terrible and peak of all was him speaking on mobile louder than participant presenting just in front of us. All good ideas needs also a right activity, only then they truly work out. So mister maybe future president, respect is earned by respecting others.
Other than that, we got to meet also with Mayor of Ljubljana, and have to say, that the men has the courage. As just couple of days before conference he had been sued for the corruption, a very big scandal all over Slovenia. What can I say, meeting him very much reminded me of one of Latvian politicians, also a mayor of city, who`s still going through similar corruption case. Even the smiles on their faces matches. Nevertheless of the past or what he did or not do illegally, have to point out that Ljubljana been amazingly nice city and someone had done good job for all the things and opportunities that are around.
Other than conference, i managed to go to meet Robert aka hairdresser for a second time. And even me being late for around 45 minutes. Well, yeah, not completely my fault, as he did not told, and i did not knew, that they moved to new place...so got to discover it when we were already running late and were in front of his old salon. Anyhow, got to cut my hair and very happy about it.
And last but not least...after living in Ljubljana for more than six months and now after six more months, i finally got to go to visit Maribor. Have to say, that i also do like Maribor, it has its own charm, and completely other than Ljubljana or any of Slovenian cities.


No comments: