Friday

One week in Latvia.

Friday 13th some of you will say. Well for me it`s been exactly one week since i`ve left Slovenia. Sometimes even for me one week means not a big time, however this all week now feels like a month already being back in Baltic's, as my so usual and so great daily life just got cut one day just like that.
My travel home, it all started with a late night arrival in the airport and in the end nobody waiting for me to pick me up, so had to manage myself to get home...as i live completely other side of Riga than airport is, not that easy if you don`t want to take the silly priced taxis from airport after there is no more public transportation. as i am used in other airports with door to door shuttles, then that you cannot expect here, this business haven`t developed yet here. Maybe one day ill have my own door to door shuttle service as it`s really handy and not that expensive from passengers perspective comparing with the "lovely" taxi prices.

Easter is Easter and there is no better place to celebrate it than with a family, doing the Latvian typical style egg paintings and overeating, as having a delicious meals is one of Easter traditions. If i heard that back in Slovenia it was quite rainy and cold then i am happy to tell that the easter was amazingly sunny and nice. Well just one day out of all it was actually snowing. Yes, its right, here is no spring yet, we are just starting to expect it, everything`s still grey and quite unpretty but its slowly getting better.

As my studies till now have taken me more time than i ever imagine, i am so eager to finish up them and forget of being student but move forward. However this all week, since four days seems nobody in my university cares much of ERASMUS
students and more over to care or worry that some works are missing and you are not yet graduated. and thing i hate most of all, that tuesday i came to university, i was told that i can deliver one of the works on 21st or april. no more explanations or anything, just come and defend your work. First i thought its great, soon it will be over, then i realized that 21st is actually saturday, and do usual full time students have to come to university on saturday? now three days i`ve been trying to answer this mystery, but nothing yet, as i`ve been forwarded from one department to another and the silliest part is that the working hours in each of them are so different that just arriving one day and trying to solve it all its not possible. And even when you arrive in working hours, it turns out that professors or staff is just not here, by a unexpected reason they won`t be here till the next week. So I just keep on thinking that worrying of studies and graduation is pointless, the time and things will happen soon.

Other than that one of my aims on return back to Riga been that I would like to have a job, not only because  I would really like to earn some money, but more because i have way too much of free time at the moment. Funny, but with all the crisis and bad economy, i not only managed to apply for couple of job positions but also yesterday got myself to an interview already. So, where are the crisis? If you want to work, then there is plenty of job offers. Will see how this one goes and if i find myself working very soon.

Other than all of previous, traveling seems to be strong part of my hobbies, could not resist not to visit Estonia while being back in Baltic side, now i`ve got the tickets and trip is scheduled, Tallinn see you soon.

And hopefully by monday ill be able to share my life stories from home, internet is still in process, coming soon at home.

All the best with your friday 13th.S.

No comments: