Saturday

i don`t know to be happy or upset.

today i started my day quite early, if talking of it being saturday, as today was the day to pass one of the two left works, to be finally done with my university studies. Had some lovely time with nice preparations for my presentation speech, get nicely dressed and was on the way all across Riga to be on time in university. An almost hour of travel i reached it, and as expected a crowd of students already waiting. BUT...it turn out that they were not waiting to do presentations, just to deliver work, get signed and that`s it the work is passed.
Of course i am happy of less work for me or no waiting, as i managed to get it signed in less than 5 min being there, so I should be happy, that once its done...

the last two weeks while being in Riga, i tried to find out and get to know everything of passing this work, i met the same old professor a week ago, and then he just said to check back university online internal information, there is all i need...well, but if i don`t have an access for it? What`s then? How about the professor just telling me all this crap when i was there? And I wish he was the only person i met, that provided me the wrong information...i met two other teachers, related with this presentation day, one of them told to prepare 4 min presentation, other made me sure that there are going to be the presentations! And this is called a higher education in Latvia! Does this sounds quality and professionalism? More over if you have a look on the online documents of how to prepare for passing this work, then it`s all there, the work content, the presentation structure, etc. But what`s happens in real life? And why do we have requirements, that none of professors are actually using?
And even though I`m all ok with not making presentation, as the work been passed. However not only most likely teachers get`s paid for the "presentations" time but none of the students actually have time for practical training for themselves of public speaking and presentation skills. It do not matter what`s the content, etc, but the practical skills, that more trained better they gets are just lost by a silly action form university side and that makes me upset.
last but not least, i spent two days (ok, maybe not that much of time, but still 48 hours is quite a time if you are working and could make money) on writing and creating content, that is not only informative, but also creative and offers problems and solutions. What happen today? The "great" professor all he asks, that i haven`t added one of the forms in my work attachments...the upsetting part, by the requirements in online documents, that file is never mentioned, nor shown. And yes, i got it a year ago, but then i was told its not needed, just for my personal use. And now out of nowhere comes the need for it.
I may not be the best example of typical student, however that`s what i see are called studies in Riga Technical University nowadays.
And where do i get motivation for writing my diploma work (which also consists from some of pointless parts, but that`s how requirements ask for), if i know that all i write will go to archives and not more than couple of persons actually reading it?

Luckily, the "celebration" of passing my uni work with my friend made the great out of today.
Now i`m out to experience the spring. enjoy. S.

No comments: