Thursday

My Bosnian experience, part 1


Been almost a week since i`ve been experiencing the life of Bosnia&Herzegovina. Yes, yes, no Ljubljana this time.

It all stared with my adventorous spirit, me enrolling in a youth training course that was planned to take place in city Kljuc. And with my small mistake of dates, the event happen just after Challenge:Future summit. So with just a day in between, last week i again packed my bag and took the lovely bus journey from Ljubljana to Kljuc...its qind of easy to travel between these two cities, as there is "direct" bus connection, with just a 7 hours of ride of distance 350km you can yourself in Kljuc, so the same happen with me.

Arrived just before midnight and as it was supposed to somebody meet me in bus station, then of course blonde me did nothing to write down neither any phone number, neither the address of the place where i am supposed to stay... as you may guess, then nobody was waiting for me in the bus station...even when i waited couple of more minutes, and then some more...nobody showed up...i was left alone, in a completely new city in the night...so had to figure out something...
the only place i saw open to ask for some guidelines or internet was the Sports bar opposite of the bus station...took my courage and went to ask...with not of a big surprise after me opening doors and letting the cigarette smoke cloud go away, i saw only men in the bar...luckily one out of all could speak with me in english.

with some small conversations, it turn out that city Kljuc is so small, that when the foreigner youth appears for the exchange events, there is just one place where they usually staying...and the men were so nice that one of the offered me a ride to the place i was supposed to stay.

Well, with my previous predjuces and stories heard...i was not sure if it would be good that complete stranger in completely new country picks me up...conclusion...as they saw me worried of the offer, then one of the guys took with him his girlfriend and asked the other man to drive us all, as that would be safer for me.

So the new home it was...and still no organizers around, however managed to find the bed with help of other participants and myself...what a fun start.

other than that the next three days passed with different workshops, sharing sessions, lessons...and happy to share that this time i am happy to see the level of the participants quite higher than the other time...i can learn more and get to know more new stuff.

How`s the Kljuc? I feel myself traveled in time, back in past...nevertheless its very beautiful, with mountains around, green nature, super friendly people and no wifi internet. So these 8 days i am also getting back to my offline life, and so far so good.

2 comments:

Eiluned Beltane said...

Wow, what an adventure!
Why nobody showed up to pick you up? You were lucky to meet nice people!

S. said...

Hey girl. Yes, indeed nobody showed up, however I managed myself with help of amazingly friendly local people :)