Friday

how S. celebrated the halloween two days long.

as it tends to happen with me, then the most best things comes least expected. So it happen this year with my Halloween celebration. Have to say, that in Latvia Halloween became popular just lately, more for the young generations and the tourists, as the public celebrations are done in the clubs, pubs, bars or we like to organize our own house parties. Here in Lisbon, its kind of the same as in general the tradition to celebrate Halloween started not so long ago, so to find something special and extraordinary you really have to look for it around the clubs or bars or just organize it yourself in case you are looking for the costumes and theme parties.
At first i was a bit researching of some nice theme party i`d like to go, however nothing really came across, and as the week till Halloween came i managed to spend in Almada with not so much of online life, then this year i had the other experience of the Halloween. Thanks to my awesome friends, i got to join the portuguese dinner in Lisbon on the evening of 31st, no costumes  just food, drinks and fun. My second time with such an experience of bunch of portuguese and me, crazy latvian, at dinner in Lisbon. Was fun. And as it turns out then Lisbon is a small place to be, as for the dinner I met an old friend from my university and organization members times. Small, small world it is. After dinner, as it use to happen, then Bairro Alto is the great place to go...and this night was not an exception...however this was the most crowded wednesday i`ve seen so far at Bairro, as the halloween did overtake it and many creatures was possible to meet and see.
Other than that, as it was announced on the 31st then the 1st of November there was supposedly be a train and metro strike, with many trains cut, and by out of nowhere just when arriving in Lisbon for dinner, i managed to find out that there are no trains for me to go back already tonight, as the train strike starts already on the Halloween night.../ yes, thats how cool is the CP company in Portugal, just "awesome" /and supposedly the next day there should be like one train every two hours going back to my lovely Sintra. Not really willing to party till the first train, and with big thanks to my awesome friends who lives in Lisbon, i did find a place to crash after the party and till my train home.
An unexpected happened the 1st of November, when I very willing to go home and to my bed, reaching Rossio train station, where i usually catch the train home, I found out that CP are big fat liars and instead of some trains actually, they just have cut all the trains...just like in the august...no trains to reach my home. Welcome to Portugal and their national holidays...they like to celebrate every of them with a public train strikes.
So yeah, kind of shitty situation, more over, couse later this day I was to meet friends and go together to see Sintra and make some sightseeing. Screwed situation.
Oh well, as I already had the travel home with different buses situation the other time when Portuguese went for train strike, this time i was not really eager to do the same travel, as it was too long and booring, so decided to go for breakfast and see what the day can bring for me asides me going home.
And again, luckily I have awesome friends around Lisbon. I am very happy to know you. So with short notice I got new plan, as i had nothing else to choose than to stay in Lisbon...so instead of Sintra tour, yesterday I managed to climb the hills of Lisbon again, enjoy amazing panoramic views, meet up randomly with my flatmate in center of Lisbon by unexpected happening...went for beautiful park "Jardim de Torrel" for picknic, with amazing views, some drops of rain and then a lot of sunshines, discovered new coffee place, with super amazing architecture  and inside out terrace, heard again a group of Tunaš playing the student music and last but not least the first of November was my first time in illegal Chinese restaurant. Yes, yes, yes...the illegal restaurants are quite popular here, its like your eating at somebodys` house, at the same time it being a restaurant. A great day with amazing experiences. Thank you all amazing people who were part of my last two day adventures.
So yeah, today for me the happiness of just being at home. Feels just perfect.
Till the next adventures and stories.
S.

No comments: